Last Monday, Ashley and Caleb stayed after school and auditioned for the Missoula Children's Theater production of The Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe- starring the Zeiger students. This musical was a loose interpretation of the literary classic. Both kids were cast in roles, and rehearsals started that evening. Then, every day they rehearsed after school. Caleb stayed until 5:00 p.m., and Ashley until 7:30 each night. Whew! What an exhausting week!
The play was held in two performances on Saturday. Here are some snapshots. (I was also able to capture some fun video footage, though taping conditions weren't ideal. For some reason I've been unable to get them uploaded. When I do, I'll post the clips.) Ashley played Leonard, the Leopard, (one of the leads) and Caleb was cast as a green chameleon. Both kids had a great time.
Ashley was particularly excited because the directors pulled her aside Saturday evening, and officially nominated her to attend their summer performing arts camp in Missoula next year. Apparently, they scope out kids who they feel have what it takes to audition and be accepted into the camp. She'll have to put together an audition tape and get 2 letters of recommendation- all due in Missoula a year from now. She's already planning the details. :-)
Caleb barely tolerating the hula. He was not thrilled with this portion of his role! He's the center chameleon- tongue sticking out.
Ashley during the opening scene, before she becomes "Leonard."
Ashley and the other leads




Well, if this isn't just the cutest thing ever!
ReplyDelete