Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time Flies....

The culminating event for February is always our wedding anniversary.  18 years on February 29th.  Or is that 4.5 years?  Either way, we've been together for what feels like a very long time, and I'm so happy to say I'm glad.  We're happy and healthy, and have managed to create with LOTS of Divine assistance, a wonderful family.  I feel so blessed to have Doug as my eternal companion. 

So- How did we celebrate?  One fantastic date.  Home improvement browsing, new hiking boots for me, dinner at one of our favorite places- Chevy's, to the new Road Runner store in Kent for foot evaluations for both of us, and new running shoes for Doug, to the Sonic drive-in for milk shakes, then to the movies to see "When In Rome."  We got home after midnight, which almost never happens.  We had a fantastic time!  So glad we were able to sleep in the next day.  And doubly glad we no longer pay for babysitters!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like one amazing celebration! Oh to have that kind of stamina. I am sure I would have crashed into my milkshake! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe it's been 18 years. that's truly amazing (and inspiring!) congrats .. and i can only long for the day of no more babysitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun date- enough to carry through the two days you have to celebrate in order to hit your anniversary. :) How in the world has it been 18 years?? In a couple years you will have been with Doug for half your life. Crazy! Andrew and I will have been married 10 years in September- even that seems odd.

    ReplyDelete