We crossed the bridge that goes over the Carbon River, and headed to the "other side" where we had never explored before. We drove uphill for quite a ways; far enough that we ended up in snow. We found a really large, gorgeous waterfall, that I took many pictures of. I don't think any of the photos capture it's stunning beauty, but they might give you an idea. Doug and Caleb climbed up the waterfall, while Ashley and I stayed safely a little lower.
That brings me to the "sort-of" part of our little family excursion. I guess we are officially at the point where a family outing doesn't mean all of us. It's weird to do things with only 2 kids- one boy, and one girl, just like the typical American family. Tyler was off with his girlfriend, and Sierra was babysitting. They regularly have other interests and activities that prevent the entire family from being together. Most Friday nights are the 4 of us, and even Ashley is leaving us in pursuit of friends and money more often. Poor Caleb is truly our caboose. You'd think maybe he'd feel lonely or sad about it. Wrong! He's literally planning awesome trips to Disneyland and Idaho that include just Dad, Mom, and him. He's not shy about voicing his excitement either. The way he sees it, things are just going to get better, and better.
As for me, I think I will always miss my children who aren't present. It feels funny to go have family fun without one of them, but we can't always stay home waiting for total togetherness either. So- onward and upward! The Carlyle's that aren't with us in body will have to view our blog!




How crazy that your kids are old enough to wander!! How did that happen? I'm with Caleb- plan some fun trips with just one. Come visit me! We'll take you to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon... wherever you want to go!
ReplyDelete