Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebrating 19 Years Together!

Doug and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary on February 29th. OK- Not really, but if there had been a 2/29- that would have been our day! Amazing. On the one hand, I can't believe that it's been 19 years. On the other, it seems like we've been together forever. I'm almost to the point that I've been married to Doug longer than I was single. My adult years have been joined with Doug, and I have been so glad!

We had been given a gift certificate to the Salish Lodge by a client 2 Christmases ago, but had not used it yet. This was the perfect opportunity. March 5th, we headed up to Snoqualmie, and enjoyed a great weekend together. We had a beautiful room, great food, and were able to relax and enjoy our time together.

Following a great breakfast with a view of the falls, we headed to the base of Mt. Si, and headed up the trail to the peak. It was about 8 miles round trip, in the snow. It was a gorgeous day at the top! Sunny, with blue skies.







We had birds eating our of our hands and there was a great little chipmunk who loved our almonds. What a fun, relaxing day! It was so nice to get away. Following the hike, we wished we had planned for two nights. The soaking tub back at the Salish would have been great after that snowy hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment