Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ashley's New Smile

We finally did it! After 6 weeks of searching, comparing, talking, and figuring, we chose an orthodontist for Ashley and had braces put on her teeth. The ortho we chose is Dr. Almond, and I have to say that thus far we love him and his staff. What a great group! We felt so comfortable there, he has a great plan for Ashley's mouth, and he is competitive on the lower end of all the ortho's we saw. Add to that the fact that he pulled 3 of Ashley's teeth for us free of charge, so we wouldn't have to have them extracted at the dentist... There's a huge savings right there. He's a keeper. (And I think he is also serving as Damon's Branch President. He must have received a little inspiration)

Ashley had rubber spacers applied between her top teeth last week. This week, Tuesday May 18th, Ashley went in, had the spacers removed, and the braces applied. It took about 2 hours, and went very smoothly. They encouraged us to get an early lunch as soon as we were finished at their office. Sounded good to us! Doug met us at Wendy's and about the time we were done, Ashley understood why she needed to eat sooner than later. The aching hit, and she hasn't been feeling very chipper since then. That was the last "good meal" (I use the term loosely) she's eaten! It's been ice cream, smoothies, applesauce, pudding and canned soup since then. Poor Ashley!!


But we think she still looks cute!!






3 comments:

  1. She does look great! I dread having to do it for my kids too. I've already had the dentist tell me that Callie has a tiny mouth. *Sigh* It's only a matter of time before we are shopping around too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! I agree :) Hope her teeth feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her smile is so pretty already, so it's going to be amazing when this is over.

    ReplyDelete